Flying B Ranch Airstrip
Owned by Flying Resort Ranches, which also owns Root Ranch. Both are located on private land in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area. They are open to fly-in guests, but you should call first to make sure they can accommodate you (208) 756-6295. Food and lodging are available. Store for most needs.
|Manager||Flying Resort Ranch|
|District Director||John Davis|
|District Director Phone||208-867-4600|
Stuck 'N Stay Emergency Accommodations
Emergency overnight accommodations are available at this airstrip. See the Stuck 'N Stay Airstrip Host Directory
Flying B Ranch Live WebcamsFlying B, N Flying B, S Flying B, E
Flying B Ranch Weather ReportsFlying B WX
Upcoming Events at Flying B Ranch Airstrip
July 24, 2020 - Wilderness History and Open Access - Flying B Wilderness History Event
Wilderness History and Open Access, a charitable organization dedicated to preserving and communicating the history of Idaho’s wilderness spaces, is hosting an educational event at the Flying B Ranch on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. The event will feature a presentation and video interview of legendary Idaho backcountry pilot Ray Arnold. Ray will be reminiscing on this 50+ years of flying the Idaho backcountry and sharing an oral history of his long and eventful career. For those with an interest in Wilderness History and Aviation History in particular, this will be a great opportunity to meet Ray and participate in this oral history project.
Friday, July 24th:
Ray Arnold arrives Friday AM at the Flying B
Unscheduled activities of your choice during the day
4:00 pm Presentation and Oral History Video interview begins
Saturday, July 25th:
Breakfast with Ray Arnold and conclusion of event
- The event is open on a first-come, first-serve manner for cabin beds.
- · Anyone who wishes to camp on the Flying B property in a tent may do so at no charge with a reservation. Call the Salmon office at 208-756-6295.
Camping is allowed only at the “Ball Field” by the lodge.
- Those not camping may also stay a short flight away at Big Creek Lodge during the event at regular Big Creek prices.
- Meals are available for those camping at normal ranch rates.
- Due to fire issues, we cannot allow campers to make fires or cook meals themselves.
- We will have a fire at the lodge in the fire-pit!
- There is no charge to attend the interview.
- Cabin beds and meals are at normal ranch rates subject to availability.
For additional information contact Paul Collins at Paul.Collins@idahosif.org or Tammy at email@example.com.
Flying B Ranch Info Last Updated: October 24, 2019
More Airstrips Near Flying B Ranch:
Stuck 'N Stay host
This information has been compiled from a number of sources. The status of airstrip facilities, conditions, available services, ownership, and managers are constantly changing. The Idaho Aviation Association assumes no responsibility for incomplete or inaccurate information contained herein.Back to Main Map