The Idaho Aviation Association gives Idaho a general aviation voice, both locally and nationally. Our mission is to:
- represent our members in forums where decisions are made that affect general aviation;
- inform our members about aviation issues;
- work with public and private entities for the preservation, maintenance and enhancement of aviation facilities; and
- promote safety, education and public understanding of general aviation in Idaho.
We invite you to join over 1100 IAA members in this exciting and critical work for the future of aviation in Idaho.
From Stefanie Henry of the National Weather Service, Boise ID: I wanted to introduce you to the new National Weather Service Boise Aviation webpa...Read More >>
The IAA Board of Directors has proposed amendments to the IAA by-laws. These amendments will be voted on by the Board at its next meeting on May 24, 2020, subject to the approval of th...Read More >>
Aviation enthusiasts have another way to display their love for flying in Idaho. By purchasing a "Fly Idaho" license plate, they will also be supporting organizatio...Read More >>
New National Weather Service Aviation Webpage
From Stefanie Henry of the National Weather Service, Boise ID:
I wanted to introduce you to the new National Weather Service Boise Aviation webpage that can be found at https://www.weather.gov/boi/aviation.
We have created this page to further enhance our weather support to our aviation communities. In particular, we have linked a few newer features under the "Decision Support" Tab that I wanted to share with you:
1. The Impact TAF Board - This interactive webpage creates a threat matrix view of the current TAF locations, based on impacts. You can customize this page to be for any location, and you can click on any site for a more in-depth matrix. We currently have the page set to view Idaho and Oregon TAF sites.
2. The Tactical Decision Aid - Similar to the Impact TAF Board, this interactive webpage shows customizable impacts based on the current TAF. The threat matrix thresholds can be changed to CAC, Flight Categories, or User defined. The link is currently set to Idaho and Oregon, but can be changed based on your preferences. Click on any site to view more matrix details.
3. Winter Weather Dashboard - This link initially arrives at a simple colorized impact matrix for winter weather at TAF sites. Locations and features can be customized on this site, as well. Click on any site to view more specific forecast model details that can be utilized year-round.
In case you would like more information I have created a web tutorial on the functionality of the new National Weather Service Boise Aviation Weather webpage (https://www.weather.gov/boi/aviation)
The tutorial is located at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJjrf009s9I&feature=youtu.be
I hope you find this new webpage useful, in addition to the other services we provide. Please feel free to pass this email on to others that might enjoy its functionality.
National Weather Service Boise, ID
Aviation Program Leader
Air Quality Program Leader
Proposed IAA By-Law Changes
The IAA Board of Directors has proposed amendments to the IAA by-laws. These amendments will be voted on by the Board at its next meeting on May 24, 2020, subject to the approval of the membership.
First, the Board wants to have the by-laws allow for the continuation of the mission of the Idaho Aviation Hall of Fame (IAHOF) by creating a new Standing Committee, which will select persons eligible for membership in the IAHOF on the basis of material contributions to aviation. A procedure for nominations and selections of candidates will be contained in this amendment. By way of brief explanation, the IAHOF corporation is being dissolved and the Board has agreed to have the IAA continue the idea of honoring deserving candidates under the existing name of the Idaho Aviation Hall of Fame. The new Standing Committee will have three members and will make recommendations to the IAA Board of Directors annually. An amendment to the by-laws is necessary to accomplish this.
Second, the Board wants to expand the number of Directors by adding one additional member. This will reflect increasing the IAA Districts from six to seven. The reason for this is to better serve the aviation communities of central Idaho. An amendment to the by-laws is necessary to allow an additional District and an additional Director.
Any objections to these proposed amendments should be sent to the IAA Secretary, Nadine Burak, at email@example.com within 30 days from the date of this notice, April 23, 2020. If a member does not object, the Board will consider the lack of an objection as approval of these proposed amendments. This method has been selected by the Board because the customary annual meeting held in May cannot be accommodated due to the existing pandemic and the advice of public health authorities.
Questions about these amendments should be directed to the Secretary.
Thank You for Your Continued Support !
Get YOUR Personalized Aviation License Plate!
Aviation enthusiasts have another way to display their love for flying in Idaho. By purchasing a "Fly Idaho" license plate, they will also be supporting organizations that work to preserve and enhance the airstrips that help make Idaho a special place for pilots.
In addition to the regular registration fee, the specialized plates will cost an extra $35 initially, and $25 at renewal. If your plates are not immediately due for renewal any remaining registration time will be credited to the new plate. Customized numbers and letters, such as an aircraft's N number will cost another $25 initially, and $15 at renewal. Only five characters are available on the plates, so you may not be able to have the "N" on it. Sample plates, suitable for hanging on your wall are available for $30.
The plates are available at the usual county vehicle registration offices and online at itd.idaho.gov/dmv/onlineservices.