Your chance to listen to Mike Dorris tell his many stories about his decades of flying the Idaho wilderness is coming on Saturday, June 25th!
Interview and Talk: 10 – 12 am. Tom Mahoney will interview Mike, then there will be a question and answer period.
Lunch with Mike: 12 – 1 pm.
Following is how they are opening the Flying B up for this event:
- Free tent camping is available on the grass ball field next to the lodge on Friday, June 24thand Saturday, June 25th.
- There will be no charge for use of the bathrooms/showers.
- The ranch staff will provide shuttles from airport to lodge — call on 122.9 for pick up. Meet at the hangar on the airstrip.
- With high risk of fires, no outdoor cooking (camp fires or cooking stoves) are allowed on Flying B Ranch property.
- Hot meals can be purchased in the lodge.
Here are the rates;
- Breakfast $30 7 am until 10am
- Lunch $30 Noon until 1pm
- Dinner $30 6pm until 7:00pm (or so)
- The Flying B prohibits camping on its airstrip. Bernard airstrip is available to pilots wishing to camp or cook near their aircraft. It’s a short walk on a good trail to the Flying B airstrip where ranch staff can shuttle people to the ranch. Meet the shuttle at the Flying B airport hangar.
- If you would like to stay in a room at the Flying B call the Flying B Ranch office (208-756-6295) for room rates and availability. Here is a link to their website: https://flyingresortranches.com/
- If you are planning on attending the event, please consider calling the Flying B ranch office (208-756-6295) to help the cooks get an estimated headcount. Here is a link to their website: https://flyingresortranches.com/
We hope to see you there! WHOA (Wilderness History and Open Access) https://whoatrails.org/contact-us