McCall Airport (MYL) Open House and Historic Idaho Beaver Drop Reenactment.
Get ready for the McCall Open House on Saturday, June 25!
Lots of fun all day, beginning at 9 a.m. with a fantastic presentation on backcountry flying by the one-and-only Lori MacNichol that will be of interest to both pilots and non-flyers alike!
Make sure you bring the kids, because a pilot will parachute-drop a stuffed-toy beaver from an airplane, in a fun re-creation of the 1948 event, when “Geronimo” and 74 other beavers were relocated from McCall and dropped into the Chamberlain Basin. Not only that, Rich Stowell, FAA National CFI of the Year, will give a fun presentation on drones—kids love these!
There will be plenty of fixins for lunch, and at 1 p.m. IAA Flyline Editor Crista Worthy will present a fun slideshow of Idaho’s famous backcountry pilots—flying horses around in small airplanes, rescuing downed flyers, smokejumping, and much more!
Here’s the official schedule:
- 0900: Official Start of Event
- 0900 – 1030: Lori MacNichol “Backcountry Tales”
- 1030 – 1045: Break/Open Mic/Pilot Stories
- 1045 – 1200: Rich Stowell “Sky’s the Limit”: Drone Presentation
- 1200 – 1300: Lunch Break/Open Mic/Pilot Stories and the Great Idaho Beaver Drop by Tor Anderson from Sawtooth Aviation.
- 1300 – 1400: Crista Worthy “Idaho’s Amazing Aviation History.”
- 1400-1415: Break/Open Mic/Pilot Stories
- 1415- 1500: Meet Merlin the Great Horned Owl with Sierra Pederson, Manager of the Snowdon Wildlife Sanctuary!
- 1500: Official End of Event
Want to show off your beautiful airplane at this event? Contact Tad Jones: [email protected] to set it up!
IAA McCall Chapter President, 208.869.2646.
McCall Municipal Airport Hangar No. 207.
336 Deinhard Lane, McCall Idaho.